A blue enamelled lapel badge of CRAMOND BRIG Golf Club.
A blue enamelled white metal lapel badge with CRAMOND BRIG GOLF CLUB around the edge with decorative relief within of a bridge (as in the name), hinged pin to reverse, hallmarks.
Very good condition, measures 1.4 inches high, hallmarks dated 1926.
Cramond Brig GC was founded in 1907 at Cammo, Edinburgh. It was a bustling club with 700 members in the early 1920s. The lease for the 18-hole course ran out in 1929 and, sadly, the club folded. The greens were removed and re-laid at Dalmahoy Golf Club, the course reverting to farmland.