A large Hayling Island GC bronze medal, obverse with embossed golfing scene of Greek golfer surrounded by three dolphins, reverse inscribed HAYLING ISLAND GOLF CLUB surrounded by garland of laurel leaves.
Fine condition, measures 2 2/8 inches diameter, plain rim, undated.
Hayling Golf Club was formed in 1883. ‘The course is an eighteen hole one of the usual length, and abounds with hazards in the shape of whins, shingle, sand hills, and last, but not least, “Jacob’s Ladder”, a cutting containing water, which has to be crossed twice. The nearest railway station is South Hayling, on the LB&SC Railway. The journey from Victoria or London Bridge (change at Havant) only takes about two hours’. [The Golfing Annual 1893-4].