Two silver spoons with embellished enamel handles from Fulford GC, hallmarked 1934.
Out of stock
Two silver spoons with blue enamelled shield finial inscribed Fulford Golf Club (York), and attractive columns modelled with three crossed clubs and balls with a swag half way. Complete with original velvet lined box.
Fine condition, spoons hallmarked Birmingham 1934, label inside box rubbed.
Spoons have always been a convenient prize or gift, given by the Captain of the year or the club itself. These spoons have much golfing decoration and come with the added bonus of their own box. Fulford GC, near York, was founded in 1906 by Major WH Key at Water Fulford Hall, before moving to its current site in 1935, after the land was identified as suitable for golf development, by leading architect and five times Open Champion, James Braid. The course was planned and constructed by Major Charles MacKenzie, the brother and business partner of the legendary Dr Alistair MacKenzie who designed Augusta National and Cypress Point. The club has hosted 23 consecutive European Tour events.